Gabriel Return Theory Masterpost
Uh, yeah, so I compiled this mainly for my own flailing and crying, but if it helps you flail and cry too, go for it.
Essentially, I’m just pulling all the evidence together that supports a Season 8 return for Gabriel into one post that I know of so people don’t have to hunt everywhere. Feel free to message me if I’ve missed something off or if you find something new or a new theory.
- The amazing Wallpaper theory here (seriously, if you haven’t read it yet, go read it. It made me so excited)
- The Wallpaper theory referenced the Adam Glass tweet regarding episode 20 as a possible return episode. We now know that episode 20 is called ‘Pan-Man Fever’, which if I’m honest, sounds like someone could be playing their favoured role of Trickster again.
- The Gabriel is Prometheus theory here
- After I posted this theory, the official synopsis has come out, which suggests that the plot for Remember the Titans is based around an amnesiac Trickster Titan who dies at the end of every die just to come back to life the next day, never remembering anything. Sound like Mystery Spot much? Sounds to me that if Gabriel is Prometheus, he’s getting his just desserts this time.
- The introduction of Abbadon brought with it a class of demons previously unknown, all of which were thought to be killed by the Archangels, according to Henry. It’s rather obvious Abbadon is going to come back at some point, which suggests that either Metatron or one of the of Archangels (or possibly more than one. We don’t know how many Knights of Hell are alive) are going to be heavily involved in dealing with them.
- Recent episodes have made references, whether brief or outright, to the Archangels. We had the Winchester bloodline in ‘As Time Goes By’, and even had Michael in the whats happened up till now catch up, and had an outright reference to the Archangels from Henry.
- At RioCon, Richard apparently said there is a “huge chance of Gabriel coming back in Season 8”.
- The Supernatural Wikia page has “Richard Speight Jr. was seen on set, possibly implying Gabriel returns this season. Source" on it.
- We have this tweet off of Richard, which seems to be hinting/teasing at something.
- We also have this tweet off Jim Michaels, which also seems a little hintyish in the increased interest levels surrounding Gabriel/The Trickster/Richard lately amongst the producers ect on twitter
- There’s the fact that Kevin STILL doesn’t have an Archangel guardian. If you were God and had to pick an Archangel to look after him, you would pick the one who cared the most about humanity, right?
- There is the idea that because Gabriel become so involved in his role as a Pagan God, that it could have become part of him, meaning to permanently kill him, you have to kill off both the Archangel Gabriel and the Pagan God Loki at the same time.
- There is also the recent revelation of the Angel Tablet, which some people believe could contain ways to resurrect angels.
- In biblical lore, Gabriel is highly involved with Metatron and the Word of God, being the Messenger, which presents another way he could be brought into the show, tying him in with the Tablet and Word of God plot line.
- From the way Henry spoke in ‘As Time Goes By’, it was implied that the Men of Letters had extensive knowledge of the angels, and were beyond certain of the existence of angels, suggesting they’d met an angel at some point. Castiel back in Season 4 said angels hadn’t walked the Earth for over 2000 years because there was no need for them to do so, however, we know of an angel, Archangel even, who was on Earth, implying that Gabriel may have some connections with the Men of Letters, having informed them of the angels at some point, and possibly even helping them with gathering their extensive knowledge.
- UPDATE 16/02/13
I was taking a look at the 8x15 promo photos, and I noticed something. I wouldn’t have pointed it out before, but with the whole wallpaper thing and the fact that they’ve said there’s something in the wallpaper, I don’t think this is coincidental.
The lamp behind Dean look out a little out of place in the picture, a little familiar maybe? Just to point out there is another in the bottom left corner. Maybe this is why they look familiar:
Take a look on the tables behind Gabriel. They look like they could be the same lamps. Like I said, before I would’ve passed it off as coincidence, but with the whole wallpaper thing going around, I thought why not point it out.
- The Angel Tablet, as seen in “Goodbye, Stranger”, seems to have restorative, beneficial properties to an angel who just touches it. Naomi said about what the Angel Tablet could do “for Heaven”, suggesting that the Angel Tablet could in some way benefit Heaven. The only way to really help Heaven now would be to essentially do a system restore to a point in time before the events that ravaged Heaven (the Apocalypse and the rebellions) occurred, therefore resurrecting angels killed by these events and restoring Heaven to its former glory.
If you know of any other pieces of evidence you want me to add, please just send a message, and as more evidence comes out to support Gabriel’s return, or more theories come out, I will update this post, so uh yeah, keep track of it if you want, I guess. But here are my musings.
February 10, 2013 at 16:17